I originally envisioned a hangover-style/what happened last night video in tune to the song then i read an MTV interview with the artist Alex Clare that stated(thus forcing me to reevaluate):
'A couple of your songs sound like party anthems on the surface but have a darker conceptual edge behind them...'
AC:Yeah exactly. “Up All Night,” for sure. The video is about somnambulism. Or sleepwalkers basically. I’m not actually in the video, which is really weird. I’m in it for a second walking a dog at the end. I have a cameo in my own video! Yeah the concept is kind of dark. The whole premise is about these guys who sort of fall asleep and then wake up in random places because they throw themselves to the wind while sleepwalking.
So then this gave me a new idea :
The video starts with 2 different people, two men(artist+ someone else)who wake up from laying on the (artist:roof/backseat of the car/on a treadmill + guy 2: on a slide in a garden or a cold concrete roof.having passing out after the previous night). Throughout the video , one of the men is seen attempting cartwheels and dancing on the roof and the other is seen playing the drums/keyboards/instruments to the song. The video progresses to show how the 2 characters' actions whilst sleepwalking led them to the beginning of the video.intercutting back and forth.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment