Artist : 30 Seconds to Mars
Song: Do or Die
The song Do or Die has been performed by 30 Seconds to Mars written by Jared Leto the front man, from their fourth album Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams. This music is an alternative rock video which is purely performance based with interviews of the fans of the group, which is directed by Jared Leto under the alias of Bartholomew Cubbins. This music video was released on 9th September 2013. This single went to the Top Five in the UK, Germany, Italy, Austria, Portugal, Australia, Mexico, Switzerland and Poland this year but also No.6 in the US and Canada. Add to that their record breaking gig 52 metres high on the rooftop of the O2 - the first band to ever play there fully live - an explosive Download performance and a packed-out guerrilla gig in Soho Square. Jared Leto is basically a singer who before this had started his acting career which did not turn out well , thus went into singing. Later after his band gained popularity he also started directing their music videos as well. Their current members include Jared Leto, Shanon Leto, and Tomo Milicevic.
The clip starts off with a German guy whom Leto first met in Berlin. The fan told the singer about the loss of his father and how he’d played a Thirty Seconds To Mars song at his funeral. When Leto ran into the German fan again, at a Mars show in Austria, he decided to have him tell his story once more, this time on camera. His tale stuck with him throughout, so Leto chose it to lead off the new video. This is basically a performance based video , where the band toured the world and shot scenes and put them together in the videos with the interviews.
Since its an alternative rock music video, it will apply Andrew Goodwin’s music video where it has the Genre characteristics of the alternative rock Genre, where Rock bands tend to opt for stage performances, showing the singer shouting down a microphone, the guitarists thrashing the chords and the drummer putting all their body into hitting the drums, expressing how ‘tough’ and ‘hard’ rock is. Then it there is also a relationship with the lyrics and visuals. Do or Die is a song all about being strong and moving on, it shows the people how they are united and will be strong against the world.The demand of the record label will include lots of close of the lead singer since the audience relates to him and he is the one with the star power.The artist may develop a motif in his work like Jared Leto has, like in every music video of his he must have a performance or has a narrative which is very empowering.
Fans from across the world were included in the video, showing how powerful music can be and how many of the people became friends thanks to Thirty Seconds To Mars. One thing I really liked about this video in particular is seeing what the echelon will do for the band and seeing how passionate they all are. This song and video is basically standing up and living your dreams. don’t know many bands who generally get their fans involved in their videos like Thirty Seconds To Mars do. This is a great way for the fans and the band to feel closer, even more so like a family than they already are.
Lyrics of the song :
In the middle of the night, when the angels scream,
I don’t want to live a lie that I believe.
Time to do or die.
I will never forget the moment, the moment.
I will never forget the moment, the moment.
And the story goes on… on… on…
That’s how the story goes.
That’s how the story goes.
You and I will never die.
It’s a dark embrace.
In the beginning was life, a dawning age.
Time to be alive.
I will never forget the moment, the moment.
I will never forget this night.
We sing, we sing…
On… on… on…
That’s how the story goes.
Fate is coming, that I know.
Time is running, got to go.
Faith is coming, that I know.
Let it go.
Here right now
Under the banner of heaven , we dream out loud
Do or die, and the story goes
On… on… on…
And the story goes on… on…
This is the story
Fate is coming, that I know (this is the story)
Time is running, got to go (this is the story)
Fate is coming, that I know (this is the story)
Let it go.
Here right now,
Under the banner of heaven, we dream out loud
Dream out loud!
Fate is coming, that I know (time to do or die)
Time is running out (time to do or die)
Fate is coming, that I know (time to do or die)
Let it go…
I don’t want to live a lie that I believe.
Time to do or die.
I will never forget the moment, the moment.
I will never forget the moment, the moment.
And the story goes on… on… on…
That’s how the story goes.
That’s how the story goes.
You and I will never die.
It’s a dark embrace.
In the beginning was life, a dawning age.
Time to be alive.
I will never forget the moment, the moment.
I will never forget this night.
We sing, we sing…
On… on… on…
That’s how the story goes.
Fate is coming, that I know.
Time is running, got to go.
Faith is coming, that I know.
Let it go.
Here right now
Under the banner of heaven , we dream out loud
Do or die, and the story goes
On… on… on…
And the story goes on… on…
This is the story
Fate is coming, that I know (this is the story)
Time is running, got to go (this is the story)
Fate is coming, that I know (this is the story)
Let it go.
Here right now,
Under the banner of heaven, we dream out loud
Dream out loud!
Fate is coming, that I know (time to do or die)
Time is running out (time to do or die)
Fate is coming, that I know (time to do or die)
Let it go…
No comments:
Post a Comment